Try Customized MarketMail®!
When you really want to make an impression and attract attention with your direct mail, let your creativity run wild: send a specialty mailer. Mail a marketing piece in any shape … without using an envelope through the Customized MarketMail program. This program—offered by the U.S. Postal Service—provides a cost-effective way to be innovative and to stand out from the crowd.
Customized MarketMail allows you to tailor your die-cut marketing pieces to nearly any shape or design you can think up. It allows you to deliver different thicknesses (think samples, magnets, keys or other objects) and can be tailored to fit into your advertising campaign. You can even add coupons or reply cards so that you can track responses and figure out what is working.
According to the USPS, Customized MarketMail® lets
- Add personality.
Since nearly any shape works, your mailpiece can be the shape of your product … a holiday image … whatever you like.
- Get noticed.
Using an unexpected shape or imaginative format gives your piece substance. Think of it as Pinterest in 3D. The more imaginative your piece, the more likely your customer will engage and respond. They may even pin your piece on their bulletin board, or hang it on the fridge. Better yet, they may share it with their family and friends.
- Optimize cut-outs.
Since your mailing is envelope-free, your design can utilize thicknesses, holes, voids, die-cuts and exotic shapes that your customers will see as soon as they collect their mail … no waiting for them to open an envelope.
- Follow up with a response device.
When you include coupons, QR codes, reply cards and other bar-coded devices, you can follow up on your marketing campaign to see what works and which demographic will grow your market share.
Things to remember:
- Make your piece deliverable. If your piece is too large to fit into a mailbox, it needs to have the appropriate carrier release endorsement … so that it will be left in a safe location for your customer.
- Your coupons, offers or other items can be attached to your mailpiece as long as they comply with U.S. Postal Service requirement. There is a limit of a quarter inch for attachments.
- Your piece does not have to have uniform thickness, but the thinnest point has to be at least 0.007 inches and the thickest (including attachments) can be no more than .75 inches.
- Customized MarketMail pieces have a weight limit of 3.3 oz., a height between 3.5 and 12 inches. Length requirements are variable but have a minimum of 5 inches and a maximum of 15 inches.
- Your mailing must include at least 200 pieces, but they can be for different delivery areas.
- No envelope required. That means your customer sees your design immediately.
- Undeliverable mailpieces are discarded, so be sure to use an updated mail list with complete addresses that include the addressee’s name, name plus “or current resident” or just “occupant” without a name. You can use your USPS Direct Mail tool to identify and utilize a current list for your demographic.
Contact us today … we can help you design a spectacular piece for your Customized MarketMail campaign for the holidays!